Monday, May 28, 2007

dancers n performances

"Dancers"

I am a dancer
I twirl, leap and spin
I jump, piorette, and tap
I am a dancer
I feel pain and fear
I feel defeat and failure
Yet I keep going
I smile, I practice, I perform
I feel happiness and joy
I have grace and beauty
I hear the applause
I perform and do my best
Sometimes I fail
I don't give up
For I am a dancer
I am brave and strong
I dance not for fame and glory
But for how I feel inside
I am happiness,joy,love & excitment
Strife, talent, joy,
Determination and beauty
I am a dancer


"The Performance"

The spotlight brightens
The music begins
I'm up on my toes
as I twirl and spin
I jump and I leap
From one side to another
feeling just the music
never any other.
I raise up in pointe
then down in plie
performing what i've practiced
for so long every day.
To dance is my dream,
I can't let it die
for when I do dance
I feel I can fly
The world can disapear
My troubles can cease
For just one moment
I am truly at peace.

No comments: